- Swim England Approved Centre Swim Qualifications
- Old website content
- Language College
- Visits abroad
In a typical year some 500 students participate in one of a dozen or more foreign visits and exchanges to countries such as France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Poland, Iceland, China, South Africa and Russia. We also open our doors to visitors from around the world. Photo galleries of our recent trips are here. You can also look through our News section to find stories about individual trips.
We take very seriously our commitment to maximising equality of opportunity, and whilst financial constraints will, of course, mean that not all students will be able to take advantage of all opportunities to travel, we will always try our best to reduce these barriers by:
- providing an overview of all proposed residential trips at the start of the year to enable parents/carers to plan ahead;
- providing a range of trips, from short residential visits in this country and Europe to more expensive, longer visits to countries further afield;
- launching trips as early as possible to give parents/carers as much time as possible to pay;
- building in a monthly payment schedule with smaller, more manageable installments;
- in some cases, offering a small amount of financial assistance for some trips (subject to eligibility). In particular, assistance for curriculum-based trips is often available to students in Years 7-11 who are currently in receipt of free school meals.